Wednesday, June 3, 2015

A World Of Flaws



We live in a world where people have flaws, where mistakes are made and feelings are hurt. The hardest part of our day is learning to pass them by.

We're told to forgive, but I've discovered that it's much easier to say than it is to actually do. It's even harder to walk upright and not step on people's toes to start with.

We give judgment, plucking the toothpick from our neighbor's ... relative's ... spouse's ... eye, all the while adjusting the telephone pole in our own. (Mt 7:3) Worse, we want people to SEE the telephone pole and embrace it. It becomes a badge of honor.

We're different, special, because of what's happened to us.

If you enjoy looking at each other's scars, you need prayer. - Jesse Duplantis

But the Scripture is clear. We must crucify our flesh and turn our words toward exhortation. (Gal 5:24) Our job as Christ's followers is to build each other up and that begins with our words.

But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. (Heb 3:3)

I loved the meme at the top of this blog. I've read it and re-read it because I can see my flaws sharper every time I do, and as a result, I've pledged to try harder to do all those things, to think of people I deal with everyday in the light of God's Word and not the self-centered cloud I often wrap around me.

It's increased my desire to be more like Christ, to be willing to lay down my life for those around me, and not just for myself. It's a lofty goal. I know that, and I may not completely accomplish it in my lifetime. But I'll never know if I don't try, and somehow, I think, what little progress I make will make a huge difference in how others see me.

That will make my efforts worth it.

---------------------------
Suzanne D. Williams
Suzanne Williams Photography 
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

The Email Subscriber Only, FREE BOOK for March is a brand new release, TALK LIKE A PIRATE (A Man Through Time) Book 1 . This is a entertain...