Saturday, April 18, 2015

Story Saturdays


 99 Cent Sale Books:

Teen Romance
Kickin' Hearts (Rodeo Girl Series) Book 1

Preorder
Changin' Hearts (Rodeo Girl Series) Book 2
Release May 1





99 Cent New Releases:*

Teen Romance

Romantic Suspense

Western Historical
Heaven & Hell (Western Women) Book 2

*For all online sale outlets please visit the blog. All prices are as of the blog release date and are subject to change at any point in time.




 A Note On Unfinished Series:

I had an inquiry about the third and final book in the "Billionaire Boys Club" series, "Wolfe". I am working on this story and should release it well before the end of the year. It will have a new book cover that better fits the character I've created.

I also have "Wings2" in the process, but this story is mentally taxing and will take me into next year. It will be worth it when it's complete, however. Trust me.

I also have Book 2 of the "Cyborg Romance Series", "853:  Spawn" begun. This one is much later on my working list, but will be completed at some point in time.


A Note to Subscribers:

I am grateful for each of you. I know I provide a mixed bag of posts and hope you find that appealing. I am going to be doing some email subscriber only giveaways this year, so look for those in the upcoming weeks.


Today's excerpt comes from a historical fiction entitled, "CLARA".

Excerpt:

Jasper halted near a large oak tree, sprouted center of the field, and turned his eyes upward where a thousand points of light flickered. Clara followed suit. But in doing as he did, she dragged his gaze away to the curve of her cheek, the full pillow of her lips, the delicate slope of her shoulders.

“I’ve never seen it this beautiful,” she said, wonder in her voice. “Not since my girlhood. I’d forgotten what that was like.” She spread her arms as if embracing the atmosphere. “I ran away once …”

“You ran away?” he asked, his voice husky.

If she noticed, she didn’t remark on it. “I was eight. I became angry at my mother for refusing me a brooch for my dress. Silly of me … I see that now, but when you’re eight …”

She didn’t finish, but nor did she need to.

“They found me, of course. A girl of eight couldn’t get far without crying for her mother, but I remember, at one point, standing in a wide, open space like this and thinking there was so much above and not near as much beneath.” She revolved in place, her hands grasping the air, ending the movement facing him. “Jasper, how long’s it been?”

“Since what?” he asked.

“Since we met.” She made a step forward. “A year? It feels like a year. I’ve known you a year, and we’re here because we both want to pledge …” She paused. “I am too outspoken.”

She reversed, but he narrowed the gap again.

“It’s been a day,” he said. “You arrived yesterday.”

“A day.” She spoke it breathy, in a whisper. “Only a day.”

“A good day,” he continued. “The best day I’ve ever had.”

Her eyes lit. In them, she held all the secrets of the night, the reason the moon glowed, bright, overhead, and the constellations took their seasonal form. It was as if by looking close enough, hard enough, he’d know all he’d ever lacked and come away better for it.


 ---------------------------
Suzanne D. Williams
Suzanne Williams Photography 
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

1 comment:

Dali Castillo said...

I enjoyed the excerpt from Clara, but I can't seem to find the book anywhere. Is it available?

Story Saturdays

The BIG CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY is coming! This means FREE BOOKS ! Both Kindle and epub versions will be provided. This is the ONLY place...