Friday, March 27, 2015

Story Saturdays

 99 Cent Sale:

OF ALL THE WAYS HE LOVES ME
YA

*Safe, Cute, and Positive
*Yes.its.that.good!
*Awesome Book

653:  RISE OF THE SUN
Sci-Fi Romance

*This was a different type of book by one of my favorite authors. It did not disappoint!
*Wow! My Goodness. Let Me Just Say, I Can't Wait Till Book 2 Comes Out.


99 Cent New Release:

HEAVEN & HELL
Western Woman, Book 2

*Beautiful finish to this two book series.


Note:

The Florida Irish series and SOAPED are in the Kindle Unlimited program for a little while longer. Be sure to download your copy. (Links on the blog.)

Also, I am doing my best to put my Young  Adult stories up for sale at sites like itunes, Scribd, and Inktera. To keep up with what's available, check the blog and follow me on Facebook.


What I'm Working On:

Brigitte Pink's after-school tutoring of fellow senior Nelson Trader is a mutual secret. He doesn't want anyone to know he's spending time with her, nor the reason why, and she's willing to protect his reputation. But time spent together leads to feelings neither one is prepared for.

EXCERPT:
“You ever wear a dress?” he asked.

I choked, coughing to catch my breath. “A … a dress?”

He nodded. He looked past me at the closet. “Can I?” he asked.

Can he what? Look in my closet? I should have been weirded out, but Nelson, I’d discovered, could do about anything and I’d agree. I waved that direction.

He stuck his head inside and tugged a hanger from the rack. He extended it to me. “Would you put this on?”

“N-now? Now?” I repeated the question stronger. “You want me to put it on now?”

“Indulge me,” he said.

I stared at the dress. It was a frilly number, short light green skirt with a puffy crinoline and a v-neckline that tied behind my neck, a party dress I’d worn only twice. I took it from him, and he scooted from the room. But I didn’t put it on right away. Instead, I crumpled onto the bed and stared at it in my lap.

How had this happened? How had I ended up here with him doing this? Nelson was all the things I’d thought I wanted to be on the first day of school. Only time with him had proven I didn’t really want that at all, that I liked myself more than I’d realized, and that I was worth knowing for me. At the same time, I’d learned I was pliable where he was concerned, and I still wasn’t sure if I was okay with that.

Resigned, I changed into the dress, at the last minute pinning my hair up. I dug out a pair of heels. It felt funny walking around barefoot, after all. And I made my way down the hall, halting just outside the living room to breathe in deep. I stepped in, my nerves rattling, one hand mashed to my waist.

His gaze spread wide, he gave a long whistle. “Wow. You look … great.”

I worked up a jittery smile. “Doubtful,” I said.

Long lines formed on his face and his eyes took on a solemn light. He walked toward me, halting only a short distance away and raising his hands to my shoulders. “You don’t see what I do, a lovely girl with a sweet smile and captivating eyes.”

I guess I looked skeptical because he turned me around and steered me across the room toward the sliding glass doors. Standing there, I could see our reflection. He looked awesome, even bruised and banged up. I looked awkward.

“I feel … exposed,” I said.

The corners of his eyes crinkled. “I won’t tell anyone, and you can go back to being Pink tomorrow. But for tonight, be Brigitte.”

His using my first name surfed through me. I turned around. “Brigitte’s insecure, like Sarah Jane. She can’t believe Walter even noticed her.”

Nelson gazed at me, silent, then glanced over his shoulder. “Walter wants to dance. We need music.” He faced me again.

I trembled inside. Nelson wanted to dance with me? Nobody would ever know we’d danced, but I was dressed up and not stupid enough to refuse. I left his side, turning on the TV and switching to a music channel. Some Tony Bennett tune came on. Nelson took my hand, pulling me close, and dropped his other hand to the small of my back.

Staring at each other, we swayed, unable to look away for quite some time, and warmed together. Slowly, my head dipped toward his chest, I pressed my cheek there. “I’m dreaming,” I said. He laughed, the sound reverberating in my ears, and I peeled my face back. “Seriously. You do know I’ll never get to sleep tonight?”

“Me either,” he said, his smile lighting my mind.


 ---------------------------
Suzanne D. Williams
Suzanne Williams Photography 
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturday

The June 30th free book giveaway will be my newest release, HE WAS A SOLDIER in honor of the upcoming July 4th holiday. If you like my...