Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Stay For A While

And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head. (Matthew 8:20)


When I was learning to drive, my mom would say if I drove too fast I'd leave my angels behind. From a spiritual standpoint, I don't know if that's true or not, but it came to me when thinking about the above Scripture.

How many times do we outpace God? He wants to sit with us and commune but we're too busy to give Him enough time to lay down His head.


And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat. (Ex 25:22)

That's His desire. We were created for fellowship. (1Jn 1:3) But talking to someone while they run away is fruitless. They're listening to the sound of their breathing, their pulse in their ears, their footsteps pounding the pavement, not what's being said. Eventually, the speaker becomes tired of trying to keep up.

Slowing down so God has a place to lay His head, is our responsibility. It won't happen until we make the choice to do it! We can continue to run ten steps ahead, or we can stop and stay for a while, clear our mind of the turmoil of our day, and listen.




I'd hate to think I'm cooking supper, washing the dog, writing a book ... while there in front of me stands my Savior wishing I'd sit down for a moment and just ... be.

Think of what I might miss - an instruction, a moment of prayer on behalf of a friend, or maybe He simply wants to say, "I love you." Those three words might change everything, give me hope and faith, strength, perhaps another dose of patience.

All because I was listening.



 ---------------------------
Suzanne D. Williams
Suzanne Williams Photography 
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

4 comments:

Kathryn Elizabeth Jones said...

Beautifully said.

Johnnie Alexander said...

I needed this at just this moment. Thank you.

Johnnie Alexander said...

I needed this at just this moment. Thank you.

Johnnie Alexander said...

I needed this at just this moment. Thank you.

Story Saturdays

The deadline approaches. To receive April's book, you must be a member by midnight April 29th. The email will go out on the 30th. Thi...