Wednesday, September 3, 2014

WHOSOEVER

Love the sin, hate the sinner.

Secular society has it all wrong. Everything doesn't go. You can't do what you want, and just because everyone's doing it doesn't make it okay.

Sin is sin. You can't change the rules because you don't like them, because, in your mind, they're outdated, because so-and-so said ...

I have news for you, So-and-so was wrong.



You can't redefine sin.

Now, certain sins we all agree on. Murder, rape, child abuse, domestic violence. Other sins we don't. Homosexuality. Abortion. Worship of false gods. Sex before marriage.

But our disagreement doesn't make them NOT sin. Your arguing with me over your right to be how you are, to do what you do, doesn't make what you say truth. It being legal where you live doesn't make it okay. The news media pushing that agenda doesn't make it good and clean and pure.

We numb our minds to what we don't want to hear. We defend ourselves, rather than admit we're wrong. We refuse to look at things any other way instead of changing our behavior. These are human responses.

Yet the sin remains.

Hate the sin, love the sinner.

I am called to hate your sin. It isn't politically correct to say so, however. As a Christian, if I open my mouth or take up my pen and call sin what it is - sin - I'm vilified. I'm being bigoted, intolerant, prejudiced.

No, because though I hate the sin, though I distance myself from it, though I protect my mind from those thoughts, I love the sinner.

Because God loves the sinner. That talent you have comes from God. You didn't pick it up somewhere on your own. You may have worked hard to foster it. You may have practiced to get good at it. But ultimately your ability to do that - dance, sing, make people laugh - came from the very God who said sin was sin.

And He gave it to you because He loved you, because it would help people, because He knew you could make a difference.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (Jn 3:16)


The good news is we're all WHOSOEVER. God never stops loving us. He always reaches out to us. He always wants to give us happiness and success.

But He'll never love the sin. Nothing we ever say or do or film or protest, loud or soft, vocal or silent, will ever change that. (Ps 15:4)

Nor His desire for mercy and forgiveness.

I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance (Mt 9:13)

 ---------------------------
Suzanne D. Williams
Suzanne Williams Photography 
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

A Brief Note: Email subscribers can reply to any of my emails or blog posts from within their inbox. I receive all replies and will always...