Saturday, August 16, 2014

Story Saturdays

99 CENT SALE!

ALL ABOUT ROMEO - Amazon, Barnes & Noble, KOBO
LOVE AFTER SNOWFALL - Amazon, Barnes & Noble, KOBO
A COWBOY FOR A LIFETIME - Amazon, Barnes & Noble, KOBO
TO SWIM AT MIDNIGHT - Amazon, Barnes & Noble, KOBO


NEW RELEASES!
All 99 CENTS

PICK ME - Amazon
THE BRIDE WORE BLUE SNEAKERS (The Coralee Chronicles) Book 2 - Amazon
ATLAS - Amazon, Barnes & Noble, KOBO

PICK ME will be FREE August 18-21st. Be sure to mark your calendars.

Also, I am looking for YA reviewers who like my work. For details, leave me a note WITH AN EMAIL ADDRESS.


On the writing front:  I completed a YA/short story, PHENOMENAL this past week. It is slated for edits. Look for its release in September. I am hoping to finish WHAT A WOMAN WANTS for a September release as well. But that remains to be seen.

With the release of THE BRIDE WORE BLUE SNEAKERS, I accomplished my goal for the year. It becomes the 25th novel/novella/short story published this year.


Today's excerpt comes from the first book in a series entitled "XYZ". I have covers for the complete series, but will withhold books 2 and 3 for now.

In this scene, "X", full name Xavion Vandalaare, takes advantage of a woman's lapse in judgment.

-----

The waitress returned, slinging their glasses onto the table. The tray tucked under her arm, she paused and glanced behind. Her eyes returned, sharp on his face.

“The brunette at the bar asked about you,” she said.

He raised his brow. As if the two of them hadn’t had enough interaction.

“Told her you were available but she had to watch out for these other two, especially the one with the tats because I’ve seen him fire a weapon.”

“And?” Xavion asked.

The waitress gave a light laugh. “And she said so had she.”

He looked past her toward the woman in question. Her head turned toward the side, she argued with a man on her left. Clenching her glass in her hand, she hurled its contents at his face, and the man descended into obscenities. He curled his fingers over her wrist.

“Don’t like the look of that,” Yngvi said.

He shook his head, him either. He briefly considered taking action, but quickly dismissed it because in one swift motion, the woman raised her knee to the man’s groin.

“Ooo.” They all three grunted together.

“That’s rough,” Zajac said.

“Miss? You forgot your … purse ….” The bartender called out to the woman’s retreating back, but she either didn’t hear or wasn’t about to return.

Xavion jabbed at his brother’s side. “Let me out.”

Zajac rose, and he moved to his feet. The pair of them looked up at him.

“What are you going to do?” Yngvi asked.

Xavion glanced down then forward. “Collateral,” he said. “Something tells me I’m going to need some leverage, and she just left it behind.”

With that, he walked off.


 ---------------------------
Suzanne D. Williams
Suzanne Williams Photography 
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

1 comment:

Shadowwolf said...

Wow! These new stories sound amazing! I would love to write reviews for your books. I have been buying as many of your books as I can. While I have a few books that I have commitments to read and review right now, I would love to start reading your books afterwards. If you need a reference, you can ask Laura J Marshall. I have written many reviews for her. My reviews on Goodreads are under Amber, and shadowplay on Amazon. My email is amccalli (at) gmail (dot)(com). Thanks!

Story Saturdays

99 Cents Sale (Amazon only): THE OTHER PLAYER *Young Adult Amazon   Now on Preorder: SHE LOVES ME IN THE FALL:  The Neighbor...