Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sunday Photographs

Took three days off and went on a road trip. Below are my favorite pics. However, you can see the full set of mobile pics and camera pics at the Photobucket links provided.

I also have two videos:

Crescent City Beach

Devil's Millhopper

The Lightner Museum was my favorite stop of the trip. I'd go there again and take more time looking at the exhibits. They had everything from turn-of-the-century musical instruments, to historic clothing, even a toaster collection, to Indian artifacts, and the most amazing collection of historic china I've ever seen. I highly recommend it.

The Devil's Millhopper in Gainesville is worth seeing, though my visit there started my days off wrong, ruining my legs for walking. I was also annoyed by all the people using it for exercise. Nothing like sweaty people to ruin the flavor of a place.

Flagler College is across the street from the Museum. I would have liked to go inside as I've heard it's fabulous. Both the Museum and the College were originally built by oil tycoon, Henry Flager (see links).

Devil's Millhopper, Gainesville, Florida (For more on this site, visit Wikipedia)
Devil's Millhopper 6-4-2014 photo 500-DSC_1366_zps5fbfb7d6.jpg

Flagler College (formerly Ponce de Leon Hotel. For more on this site, visit Wikipedia)
Flagler College (Ponce de Leon Hotel) 6-5-2014 photo 500-DSC_1445_zps72957637.jpg

Lightner Museum (formerly Hotel Alcazar. For more on this site, visit Wikipedia)
Lightner Museum 6-5-2014 photo 500-DSC_1409_zpscb00fe62.jpg

Stained glass room inside the museum
Stained Glass, Lightner Museum 6-5-2014 photo 500-DSC_1427_zps382d759f.jpg

Ballroom upstairs inside the museum
Ballroom, Lightner Museum 6-5-2014 photo 500-DSC_1438_zps83cc2576.jpg

Dunes, Crescent City Beach, Florida
Dune, Crescent City Beach, 6-6-2014 photo 500-DSC_1450_zps78b47e14.jpg





---------------------------
Suzanne D. Williams
Suzanne Williams Photography 
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

This month's FREE BOOK to email subscribers will be a recent release under my pen name, Josephine McCutcheon . This is a line of swee...