Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I Am His

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.  (John 14:12)

I am Mary. A sinner seeking forgiveness, willing to risk everything to lay my pain at Jesus' feet.

Confrontation. I don't care that the Pharisee or his guests are watching. It's his house, and I'm in it, unwanted, unasked. This burden is too great and here sits a Man who can lift it.

Commodity. This perfume I hold is worth great price, but for this act, it is his. Why do I need it anymore?

Caresses. That I, a woman cast aside by society, kneel here, weeping, drying my tears with my hair, is all I know to do. But it comes from my heart in belief that He is able and He will.

I am Mary, overlooked by others, yet Jesus took me in and forgave me. In the face of opposition, negative talk, gossip, He brought me life. (Lk 7:37-50)

I am Lazarus. Dead ahead of my time, leaving my sisters behind, dear Mary and Martha who loved me.

Wrapped in grave clothes, I'm laid aside, and thoughts of me are now memories, rapidly fading.

"Poor Lazarus," outsiders say. "It was a shame he had to go."

"Poor Lazarus. If Jesus had been here, maybe he wouldn't have died."

"Poor Lazarus, Surely, He could have saved him."

I am Lazarus, given up by others, yet through Jesus' tears, I've been resurrected. In the face of opposition, negative talk, gossip, He gave me life. (Jn 11:1-44)

I am Jairus. A ruler of the synagogue, A father, pleading for my daughter's life. Willing to risk my reputation on her behalf, if only the Master will come, pray for her.

Desperation. Here is someone who has performed miracles. I know He can do this.

Dedication. Those around me say she's dead, beg me to not bother Jesus anymore.

Denial. But Jesus says, "Don't be afraid. Only believe," so I will deny death the right to exist.

I am Jairus, receiving my living child with open arms. In the face of opposition, negative talk, gossip, Jesus poured out life. (Mk 5:22-23,35-42)

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. (Matthew 25:37-40)

I am a child of God. A human in a world full of people like Mary, Lazarus, and Jairus. People wanting to live and love in health and peace.

Consecrated. Set aside by Jesus' own instruction to do a greater work than He did. To raise from the dead, to share forgiveness, to the downtrodden, the neglected, the abused.

Committed. I will stand boldly for what I believe in, minus the religiosity that says I shouldn't, ignoring the world's standards that shift and alter every day.

Chosen. "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." (Mk 16:15) Everyone, leaving none out, no matter how poor, how rich, how misled, how hateful, how confused.

I am a Christian. A son or daughter of the Almighty, extending His love to any who contact my life. In the face of opposition, negative talk, gossip, Jesus, through my actions, offers life.




* To subscribe via email, visit the blog and scroll down in the right-hand column. If you have an ad-blocker you may need to disable it. If you have any other problems, please contact me via the Contact Form in the right-hand column and I'm glad to assist.

---------------------------
Suzanne D. Williams
Suzanne Williams Photography 
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

This month's FREE BOOK to email subscribers will be a recent release under my pen name, Josephine McCutcheon . This is a line of swee...