Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Don't Step On The Flowers

I protected myself, padding the walls of my little bubble so that nothing outside of my clean little world could get to me. And I put cotton in my ears, that way no filth would seep into my brain and it'd stay pristine.

But somewhere along the way the words in my mouth became a sword, aimed at anyone coming remotely near the Garden of Eden I'd created. How dare you put your soiled shoes on my squeaky clean grass and thereby defile it!

Don't step on the flowers.

They're my prizes for being so upright, so self-righteous. They're my reward for creating around me an environment untouched by sin. No homeless. No runaway. No one sexually impure. No drug addicts. No politicians. No one with a gun.

No dust. No moths. No decay.

Wake up church! Jesus came for WHOSOEVER. (Jn 3:16) He associated with lepers (the unclean), Samaritans (people not of his faith), a woman taken in adultery. (Lk 17:12;Jn 4:7) Greater ... he defended her.

Notice from who. THE CHURCH. (Jn 8:7)

Jesus, the Savior of the world, defended a woman sexually unclean from the bigots in the synagogue who through their hateful words were spilling the blood of those He'd come to save.

They thought their world was spotless, immaculate, sterile, when, in fact, it was full of rotted bones.

I refuse to be one of those, locked in their false worlds, afraid to get their hands dirty, afraid to speak with the unsaved, the non-churched, those of other faiths, but will instead, shine my little light whereever I go, proudly proclaiming the God I serve loves you and you and you and you.

Because that's what my faith comes down to. Not that I'm now someone better than anyone else. Not that I need hand cleaner in my pocket and alcohol in my ears. But that I can do as Jesus did and love the unloveable, be a friend to the needy, support someone who maybe has no one else around them with any light of God at all.



* To subscribe via email, visit the blog and scroll down in the right-hand column. If you have an ad-blocker you may need to disable it. If you have any other problems, please contact me via the Contact Form in the right-hand column and I'm glad to assist.

---------------------------
Suzanne D. Williams
Suzanne Williams Photography 
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

3 comments:

Karen Campbell Prough said...

Amen. Great points.

Joyful Journey said...

Glad to read this post. It is full of great words.

Angie Webb said...

Glad to find your blog. God Bless. Good words here.

Story Saturdays

This Month's Giveaway: I will be giving away 2 books this month, one on the 15th and one on the 30th. You must be an email subscriber ...