Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I Rejoice


I didn't have a devotional today, but now, I do, and it's a simple one from 2 John 1:4.

I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.

In writing ya (young adult) fiction, I often have to tell the stories of troubled teens facing a whole host of personal problems. Just this morning, I wrote a scene where a boy and girl consider running away.

Noah

But in talking to a friend of mine had a different revelation ... that there are parents out there, pouring God into their kids, and right now, right here, today, I rejoice in that because those boys and girls will grow up to be godly men and women who know how to walk by faith. They'll have the knowledge and ability of how to pray and a belief in the results of that prayer.

That gives me hope for the future, and I think I needed to be reminded.

My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother: Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck. When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee. (Pr 6:20-23)


* To subscribe via email, visit the blog and scroll down in the right-hand column. If you have an ad-blocker you may need to disable it. If you have any other problems, please contact me via the Contact Form in the right-hand column and I'm glad to assist.

---------------------------
Suzanne D. Williams
Suzanne Williams Photography 
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

99 Cents Sale (Amazon only): THE OTHER PLAYER *Young Adult Amazon   Now on Preorder: SHE LOVES ME IN THE FALL:  The Neighbor...