Saturday, March 8, 2014

Story Saturdays

I had my point #9 from my blog the week before reinforced in me this week, on a story I wrote that has had so many wonderful comments. Yet one person who paid little to no attention to the storyline had nothing positive to say. Frankly, I'm not sure what story they read.

I'm not one to complain (hence, your not knowing what story or what comment) but I bring it up only to say that if you're a writer and have had bad reviews, it happens to everyone. I've learned to develop a stiff spine.

That said, I return to my little bubble where the happy people live and you, my faithful readers, enjoy a jaunt into my imagination.

LOVE & ROSES is now available on AUDIOBOOK. I think you'll enjoy it. Narrator, Daniel Polonka did an amazing job. 

Also, I have a new YA this week with a very cute cover, THE BEST BOY EVER, as well as a look into Book 2 of my Time-Travel Romance series, CROSSING ETERNITY (soon to be released for sale), and a piece of my latest release, PAINTED BRIDE (Best-Dressed #2).

PAINTED BRIDE has an amazing review from a faithful reader. Be sure to check it out!

"Painted Bride by Suzanne D. Williams is the second book in the Best Dressed Series and is as great a read as the first book ..."

And to your storylines:  Meet Brad Sweeney, who has been sent to the drugstore for medication, food, and at the last minute, something no boy wants to buy ...


“What now?” He dropped the soup on a shelf of chocolates and answered. “Hello? Yeah, I’m still here … No … No! C’mon, you can’t ask me to do that.” Heat swept up his cheeks. “I said no. Borrow some from Crystal … What do you mean she doesn’t have your kind? Aren’t they all the same? Gees, yeah, fine, whatever, but you owe me.”

He disconnected, sucking in a breath, and recaptured the cans. “Women.”

Sick women. One of which had just asked him to ... He shivered. He had to find enough nerve to go to that part of the drugstore and hope and pray no one was over there and the lady at the register didn’t look at him funny or ask any questions or—

So much could go wrong.


Where had his morality gone? Where was Antony Mirelli who believed in abstinence, chastity, and purity? Replaced. Replaced by a man who wanted a woman more than anything else. Hang the consequences.

-----

A series of bad dreams and a string of threatening phone calls send Antony Mirelli’s life spinning out of control. Until a girl with no apparent past falls into it.

But when she disappears inexplicably only to show up again two years later, the troubles he thought he left behind seem to resurface, only this time they involve his future and the unborn child she carries.

Desperate to stop what seems destined to happen, he turns to someone who’s been there and finds that maybe, just maybe, God had a plan in the first place.

The final chapter in best-selling author, SUZANNE D. WILLIAMS, Time-Travel Romance series.




$2.99


One pocket. Her facial expression said she now knew he was way more familiar with pool than he’d let on. The fact she didn’t ask what one pocket was meant she did, too. She was definitely confident.

“What’s the ‘all’?” she asked.

“One grand if you win.”

Her smile stretched wider and her grip on the cue tightened, though she appeared to be trying to stay calm otherwise. She was definitely after money.

“And if you win?” she asked.

“A proposal and you say, ‘Yes.’”

She leaned on one hip. “A proposal?”

He stepped forward until the heat from her skin rushed up his neck. She craned her head backward. “Yes, you agree to become my wife.”


---------------------------
Suzanne D. Williams
Suzanne Williams Photography 
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

This month's FREE BOOK has been selected. For email subscribers only, I will send a download link to a copy of STEELE (Billionaire Boys...