Saturday, February 22, 2014

Story Saturdays

Don't forget to nominate any of my books released last year for THE GRACE AWARDS. Visit the Grace Awards blog for the voting form.

Also, WINGS (Paranormal Romance #1) is only 99 cents for a limited time at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or KOBO. This is a powerful allegorical story for both teens and adults. Be sure to get a copy!





99 Cents

Mason returned and stuck a plate beneath her nose. “Eat.” He tapped the edge.

Eat. Once again, she was a child. Marry me because this is what you want. Stay inside because you’ll run off. Her blood steaming, she dug her fingers into the eggs on his plate and smeared them down his cheek. “You eat it.”

He exploded. Hauling her up from the table, he toted her out the door into the morning sun and pressed her to the wall. “When are you going to learn?” he asked.

“When are you going to learn?” she spat back. Pushing against his arm laid crosswise over her chest, she gave an angry grunt. “If you wanted me humiliated, you’ve succeeded. But I’m tired of being treated like I’m a kid.”




“Tell me. Why’s a handsome man like you ignoring Jacquelyn Blythe?”

Haydn’s senses heightened. What was this woman’s game? He pulled himself up straighter in his chair. “Why’s a pretty woman like you sitting at my table?” he asked.

She smiled and pillowed her chin in her hand. “You look like you need a friend.”

“I need to get rid of Jacquelyn Blythe,” he replied.




Seriously? How had I gone from buying a pie to staying the night with a perfect stranger? An incredibly good looking stranger who, so far, had only been helpful.

“I can’t possibly. I mean, what if you turn into a werewolf during the night? Or some sex-crazed fiend? Or an ax murderer?” The fact I was saying all this to his face didn’t hit me until he responded, and then I simply stared at him.

“Don’t make me fall in love with you,” he said.

I pursed my lips. Did he really say that? And it became worse because he motioned toward me, one finger crooked. I leaned closer, a gnat drawn toward a sweaty face.


---------------------------
Suzanne D. Williams 
Suzanne Williams Photography  
Florida, USA 

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

This month's FREE BOOK to email subscribers will be a recent release under my pen name, Josephine McCutcheon . This is a line of swee...