Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Great Legacy

Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with peace that no one can completely understand. And this peace will control the way you think and feel. (Philippians 4:7 CEV)


We've never thought of God's peace as being powerful.

We believe fear holds power, but somehow peace has become passive and accepting of whatever hits us. But God is not passive. He's not twiddling His thumbs while you suffer, nor do you have to toil through the valley, taking tentative steps just in case something bad's around the corner.

No! God led you there to rest, to enjoy your surroundings. He wants you to come away refreshed, stronger than you were before. (Ps 23:2)

Because the SAME SPIRIT that raised Christ from the dead (Rm 8:11), the anointing, the glory of God, that raised the Savior of the world from hell in great victory gave you peace so magnificent it cannot be understood with our finite minds. 

It's peace which will "guard your hearts and your thoughts." (Php 4:7 ASV)

Active peace. Peace prepared "to face the enemy with the firm-footed stability, the promptness, and the readiness produced by the good news." (Eph 6:15 AMP) 

Peace that takes the offense instead of the defense. Peace unafraid, unshakeable, valiant, and courageous. (Jos 1:7)

Jesus called it our legacy to live this way, and I don't know about you, but I'll take it. That sounds pretty awesome to me!
 
My peace is the legacy I leave to you. I don’t give gifts like those of this world. Do not let your heart be troubled or fearful. (John 14:27 VOICE)

Love Came Down by Kari Jobe

If my heart is overwhelmed
And I cannot hear Your voice
I hold on to what is true
Though I cannot see

If the storms of life they come
And the road ahead gets steep
I will lift these hands in faith
I will believe

I'll remind myself
Of all that You've done
And the life I have
Because of Your son

Love came down and rescued me
Love came down and set me free
I am Yours
Lord I'm forever Yours
Mountains high or valley low
I sing out and remind my soul
I am Yours
I am forever Yours

 

-------------------------------
Suzanne D. Williams 
Suzanne Williams Photography  
Florida, USA 

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

This month's FREE BOOK to email subscribers will be a recent release under my pen name, Josephine McCutcheon . This is a line of swee...