Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A BIG TURN OFF

For as he thinks in his heart, so is he. (Prov 23:7 NKJ)

Thinks no evil (1Co 13:5 NKJ)




I despair of a world where black becomes white and white becomes gray.

Where all it takes to make what used to be wrong, correct is a few years’ time and the persuasion of men.

Where fear and depression are allowed to run rampant, celebrated even.

Where deception and falsehood are okay as long as that’s what you believe.

I want a line in the sand, a barrier I cannot cross, a book of rules that keep me from straying.

I want to know that no matter what I do, A and B will still be A and B and not C or D or E or F.

I want nothing to shift from its ordered place and everything to be fixed and solid. Concrete. Definite. Precise.

I want to be able to do something wrong and it actually BE wrong, not simply my opinion of how things ought to go. And I want Someone Higher than me to pull me aside and say, “Whoa. Stop that. Now, say you’re sorry.” And to feel relief knowing I’m on the right path now because there IS a right path.

It doesn’t really matter what the forces around me say about this age, this time, the God I serve. Because He was and is and is to come. He’s the same, unchanging, and nothing they do or say or feel or write or alter or shift will move Him.

He’s unshakeable. Inflexible. Unwavering. Abiding. Lasting. Permanent.

He’s bigger than you or me or the United States or North America or the Atlantic Ocean. He’s above all and in all and through all. He created it all, and He’ll out last it all.

Think of that next time you turn on your TV and some yahoo in a business suit tells you how things are going to be from now on. And I have a suggestion. Then turn it off, and meditate instead on things that are lovely and of good report. (Php 4:8)

You’ll feel better.

-------------------------------
Suzanne D. Williams 
Suzanne Williams Photography  
Florida, USA 

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

1 comment:

Nike Chillemi said...

We're living in such a world. But more and more I think the body of Christ is called to live as if we were already living in heaven. That's what God's original plan was...the Garden of Eden. I'm sure He hasn't changed His plan.

Story Saturdays

This month's FREE BOOK to email subscribers will be a recent release under my pen name, Josephine McCutcheon . This is a line of swee...