Saturday, January 25, 2014

Story Saturdays

My biggest news this week is ALL ABOUT ROMEO is now available for purchase at Audible in audiobook format. Be sure to skip on over and listen to the excerpt, then pick up a copy. Only $6.95! It will be available soon at Amazon and itunes as well.


I received several nice reviews this week. Also, LOVE & ROSES has climbed the chart to sit at #2 in Chrisitian/Short Stories!

ME & TIMOTHY COOPER (Purchase link)
★★★★★ "I think this book is wonderful. I loved it a lot and I would suggest that my older sister to read the book."

NEW JERSEY (Purchase link)
★★★★★ "Great clean read. Helps you realize the depths of others pain and that we all face difficult . Situations but GOD IS THERE TO forgive and help. I have really enjoyed every book I've read so far by Suzanne d. Williams. Highly recommend for teen readers who attend church ."

LOVE & ROSES (Purchase link)
★★★★★ “The story is well-written, nicely plotted, and contains a twist in the ending that wasn’t expected, but brings it to the most logical and workable solution possible. This isn’t a story where the characters just change their minds; it’s a story of grappling with emotion, see-sawing back and forth, taking it one day at a time, and finding enough courage to take one more baby step in the right direction." (To read the full review visit The Examiner)

★★★★★ "Love and Roses by Suzanne D. Williams is a great story that I could not put down until I had finished it in one sitting. On the title page Suzanne wrote that the book was a feel good romance and that is very true. When I finished reading the story, I had a smile on my face and was wishing that the story would continue." (To read this full review visit the reviewers blog.)

SUIT (Purchase link)
★★★★★ "I loved watching the characters develop in this book and how real love brings out the best in the other person. The conflicts were interesting with Kirsten handling herself with grace and Ludwig finding his softer side while standing up for his woman. Both have been in "love before" but in each other they both find out what real love is. Cozy book- great read for this winter! This book will warm your heart in spite of the cold outside."

Suit also has a press release at The Examiner. Check it out!

I have two new book covers to reveal. Both YA. I can't wait to write them. But am on a deadline to finish WINGS first.



Don't forget to nominate any of my books that you enjoyed last year in the GRACE AWARDS!

This week's excerpts come from last week's book cover reveal, TAKE ME AWAY, WINGS, and a book available for purchase, BLUE TO REMEMBER. Enjoy!


“Mr. Lawrence, your license. And Miss Boyle, yours as well.”

They rose in tandem, side by side claiming their respective licenses, then exited the building together. The January chill rose goosepimples on his arms.

“You really drive a truck?” she asked.

He jerked his chin toward the crew cab diesel parked center of the lot.

“You really giving me your number?” he returned.

Her face upturned, she moistened her lips, and he swallowed hard.

“If you’ll promise to take me away from all this. Somewhere sunny. Beach sand, ocean waves, me in a bikini.”

He raised his eyebrows. “I think that can be arranged.”



Angus turned the coin over in his palm, the ridges along its edge biting into his flesh. How had she done it? He compressed the sides in an attempt to push them closer together, but unsurprising, the metal didn’t budge. She was slender, delicate looking, yet he, a strong male couldn’t do the same thing? Made no sense.

He flipped the coin over and set it in the center of his desktop. It was in a perfect u, too. Not simply bent, but bent to an exact proportion.

“Mr. Finlay, care to share with the class what’s so fascinating to you?”

Angus’ hand snaked out and covered the coin. “Nothing, Mrs. Butler.”



KOBO
$1.99

Those were the best days of my life. Halcyon days, Mitchell says. He’s Polly’s husband – a funny little English fellow, but nice enough to talk to. I look back now and the ache in my heart that belongs to Beth returns just as strong as ever. I miss her. Every day I mourn her loss. Her place belongs at my side, not in the cold earth. I can’t think of her that way. She was energy and joy, zest and enthusiasm. She was everythin’ and all things to me.

In marital bliss, for days afterward we floated around on clouds made up of love, barely parting except to do what must be done. I wish it could have stayed that way. But life has a way of catchin’ up with you, and lovemakin’ often has consequences.



-------------------------------
Suzanne D. Williams 
Suzanne Williams Photography  
Florida, USA 

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

1 comment:

David Glenn said...

This is all pretty cool. Way to go.