Saturday, January 11, 2014

Story Saturdays

I revamped a book cover this week and have decided to reveal it below with this weekend's storylines. LOOKIT WHATCHA will be in a series of books that take me back to my southern roots. Nothing is more fun to me than writing in dialect.

My two latest releases, LOVE & ROSES, and SUIT are now available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and KOBO for only 99 cents until after Valentine's Day. Check the blog for sale links.

I've received some super nice reviews on both. Here's a sample:

LOVE & ROSES:

"Suzanne Williams has done it again! This sweet love story brought tears to my eyes more than once. Two people, broken by circumstances beyond their control, find healing in the friendship they share. This story was sweet and sincerely spoke to me."

"This book is more than a good read, it's a GREAT read! Easy, moved right along and was so relevant."

SUIT:

"I love Suzanne Williams' books, but this one was one of my very favorites! It took me about five pages in to figure out what was going on, and about twenty pages before I began to really like the book. By the middle of the book I was totally won over. By the end I found one of my very favorite characters ever in Ludwig Fabrinni. This story lingered with me long after I finished the last words!"





A slight breeze furled the flags strung across the tents below, bringing with it the sweet smell of fried dough and a vivid protest from the girl’s stomach. She ignored it and concentrated on the location sighted at the end of her rifle. Second tent, eastern view. Time, twelve fifteen. All was in place for the kill shot.




His gaze seemed made for her alone, the curve of his mouth fashioned solely to bring her enjoyment, and for a moment in time, she melted into it, lost to the war and the frayed edges of her life.

 

“Idjit’s done caught us a possum,” Pernita shouted from her awkward position hanging out the door. “An’ he’s gonna roast it up. I promised him onion gravy to dip it in.”

Hank stuck one finger in his Bible and lifted his gaze. Pernita’s grass green eyes sparkled back amidst a sea of freckles. “I wish you’d call him by his name,” he said. “Ron.”

She brought her lips into a firm pout. “He’s been Idjit ever since I could say Mom and Pop. I don’t get your need for change.” She stared down at the worn leather book in his lap. “Ain’t you read all that yet?”

“I ain’t read it all, and won’t ever know it all. God’s more powerful smart than us humans.”


 -------------------------------
Suzanne D. Williams 
Suzanne Williams Photography  
Florida, USA 

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

A Brief Note: Email subscribers can reply to any of my emails or blog posts from within their inbox. I receive all replies and will always...