Saturday, January 4, 2014

Story Saturdays

Happy New Year! I'm looking forward to 2014, and I've set myself a goal/resolution. I don't usually do this, but this one I'd like to at least attempt to accomplish. I currently have 22 books released, of those 20 are in paperback, 3 of which were released in 2012. That makes 18 books (novels or novellas) I put out last year. I've set my goal this year at 25. People say I'm crazy, and maybe I am. But it gives me something to work toward and you, the reader, something to expect.

Personal Book Shelf
 
I received some great reviews on ME & TIMOTHY COOPER this week. 81 reviews later and Tim's still at #1 in Christian Short Stories. $1.99

★★★★★ "I really, really, REALLY liked this book. I thought it was sweet and I'm a sucker for romance books. But one of my most favorite parts was when Taylor wrote her paper about Tim's father and brother. It really touched my heart. And I loved the ending... The 'Two years and six months'. I'm really happy that I read this book!"

★★★★★ "This was a real good book and I Finished it in one day it was to good to put down. I laughed a lot and I cried once in one putty part I not want to say what part because I don't want to give anything way. Timothy and Taylor pull you in and you want to know more about them. What I didn't like WAS it was to sort but it END with know QUESTIONS. Some one who likes to laugh and feel good should read this book. I pick this book for the cover and so glad I did."

I also finished writing LOVE IN LILAC and have sent it to an editor. Look for that story (hopefully) before Valentine's Day. 

I have released both SUIT (Best-Dressed #1) and LOVE & ROSES  this week. They are available at Amazon and will be for sale at Barnes & Noble and KOBO without a week or two. Also, look for them in paperback soon! You can find all the buy links on my blog.

THE QUARTER, my third January release, is at the editor's.

Here are today's excerpts. Enjoy!


He nodded and continued on his way around the pool. No regrets. So there was a tale to be discovered about cute, little Liane Arnoult. Ordinarily he wouldn’t care why she was here, who she was with, or how long they’d stay. This business was his parents’ doing, and he’d learned to not ask questions. But—

He concentrated on completing the job then returned the broom to the pool equipment closet around the corner of the house. He spun around to find the girl at his side. He laid his hands on his hips.

“I’m ready now,” she said. “To be picked up. Just paste me to your chest.”

He raised an eyebrow. “Are you always so … aggressive?”




Then he knelt before her.

Flattening her palm to her forehead, she blinked twice. A dream. She must be having a dream. She did not climb out of his bed. She pulled the covers over her legs; not that there was anything wrong with him seeing her legs. She was fully clothed, but he was … was …

Wow.

“You okay?” he asked.

She blinked again. Blond hair, blue eyes. Adonis. She was in the bedroom of Adonis. She moistened her lips. “I’ve made a mess.”


He didn’t respond for a moment, then exhaled. “If you need a date, count me in.”

She widened her gaze. “R-really?”

“That was the deal. Wasn’t it?”

“Yeah, but I mean … I was all weepy and crying on you. Plus, they’re all going to stare and ask who you are. They are policemen.”

He paused, then angled her toward the machines. “Just so long as they’re not telling me my ex-wife’s out of jail, we’ll be good.”
 


-------------------------------
Suzanne D. Williams 
Suzanne Williams Photography  
Florida, USA 

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

The BIG CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY is coming! This means FREE BOOKS ! Both Kindle and epub versions will be provided. This is the ONLY place...