Saturday, December 28, 2013

Story Saturdays

There are some stories that morph along the way. LOVE IN LILAC is one of those. I started it a year ago, stopped and altered it, then decided I liked the original version better. So I'm going to include it in today's story lines as I am determined to finish it soon.

Also included is another bit from LOVE & ROSES which is already edited and formatted for paperback (although not for sale yet). I'm holding out until January.

Enjoy!



But then my little brother, the lousy scamp, bumped into me from behind and sent me stumbling forward, my hands swinging outward, my feet flopping over each other right into a lounge chair where I collapsed diagonal in the most awkward position.

The God-creature leaned on his pool broom and eyed me, one hand clenched around the end of the metal pole, the other at his waist. And I, of course, said the first thing that came into my head. “You’re the pool boy?”




The cop at the door looked like he’d eaten something that disagreed with him, and judging by his physique, whatever that item was had been coated in icing and loaded with calories. Ian gripped the door knob and attempted to look more awake than he felt.

“Ian McKinney?” the cop asked, his voice brusque. Behind him stood six more policemen of similar shape and size, all in various stages of baldness. Which begged the question why so many cops looked alike.

“Yeah?” Ian replied, dismissing his wayward thought.

“We need you to come with us. Your wife has contracted to have you killed.”


 -------------------------------
Suzanne D. Williams 
Suzanne Williams Photography  
Florida, USA 

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

The BIG CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY is coming! This means FREE BOOKS ! Both Kindle and epub versions will be provided. This is the ONLY place...