Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Great Informer

I see it all the time, some inane statement by some uninformed human who wouldn't have said that if they had a brain in their head. And heaven, help me, I'm going to fix them. I've got this square, know how it's supposed to be. Ask me and I have the answer.

In the pulpit. Out of the pulpit. In a book, a newsletter, a blog. Especially on a social network. God bless their stupid heads and darling hearts. If they had what I have, knew what I knew, they'd sit up and it'd hit them right between the eyes.

They'd have a light bulb moment. "Gee, I'm dumb, and you're right, I should've seen it. I'm so sorry for not listening to you."

That's right. You should have asked me because I've figured it out.

But Suzanne ...

Oh, put your hand down, you know you've been there. You've played God. You, the great informer. You, the salvation of your spouse, your friend, that nitwit over there. That author. That twitter follower. Your Facebook friend. How dare he or she or him or her or that preacher or that wife or her husband or those teens or that college student say such things!

Friends, stupid is as stupid does. Did I in judging them fail to see the telephone pole in my own eye? (Mt 7:3)

I had this thought the other day when hearing a sermon that was just okay from a speaker I neither like nor dislike. The Lord spoke four words in my heart. "Seek Me. Not him."

There is our solution. We seek God, His wisdom, His love, His forgiveness, His mercy, so that we can share it with others, so that we can be more like Him. (Mt 6:33) So that pressed to the wall, backed in a corner, squeezed too hard what comes out is what Jesus would say, the words of the Holy Spirit, the heart of the Father.

And in so doing, we relieve ourselves of half the pressure we feel. We let God tend to him and her. We let God be the one who corrects their behavior. He convicts. He draws. He corrects. (Pr 3:12;2Ti 3:16)

Not me. And not you.

Plus, now I have hours and hours of my day free to do other things. In fact, I have time to pray for that person. I could extend to them the mercy I expect them to extend to me. You know, I think that's what God wanted me to do in the first place.

With the merciful You will show Yourself merciful. (2Sa 22:26 NKJV)


-------------------------------
Suzanne D. Williams  
Suzanne Williams Photography  
Florida, USA 

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

99 Cents Sale (Amazon only): THE OTHER PLAYER *Young Adult Amazon   Now on Preorder: SHE LOVES ME IN THE FALL:  The Neighbor...