Saturday, November 16, 2013

Story Saturdays - Descended ~ Sebastian by Dana Pratola

I have another new release this week, ALL ABOUT ROMEO. This is a fun YA novella with a character, Aaron Loving, that I have to say is  one of my favorites. Only 99 cents during the holidays, so download your copy at Amazon or Barnes & Noble.

Today's excerpt comes from Book 2 of the Descended series by Dana Pratola. Descended ~ Sebastian. If you haven't read Book 1, Descended ~ Jett, it's only 99 cents at both Amazon and Barnes & Noble until Sunday night! Download quick!

Descended ~ Sebastian can be purchased at Amazon and Barnes & Noble for $2.99.

In this scene the main character, Sebastian Gray, has just met his future love interest, Natalie.

EXCERPT:

“Did I do something to offend you?” he asked.
“Not offend, so much as exhibit yourself as a jerk.”
“Well, that might be true, I’m not sure. I had a little too much to drink last night,” he confessed. “So let’s start with one offense. If it’s something I can apologize for, I will. If not, you have to tell me your name.”
Drawing her eyebrows together diminished the impact of her angry gaze some. He couldn’t help smiling. Some women were adorable when angry.
“That doesn’t make sense,” she said.
“Sure it does. Tell me one thing I did to make you think I’m a jerk.”
“You asked every girl at my table for their phone numbers,” she fired, without hesitation.
Sounded like him. “I apologize.”
“Then you asked every girl at every other table for their phone numbers. Including the ones already with someone.”
That explained the pieces of paper in his jacket pocket this morning. “Well, should I have to apologize for that? You didn’t want to be bothered, so I moved on.” She didn’t answer. “I apologize.” The corner of her mouth twitched, against her will, he was sure. “What else?”
“You sent me a drink.”
Sebastian raised a finger. “Ah, only to you, no one else, if memory serves.”
She faced him fully now. “I guess I should have prefaced my argument with, you were already with a woman. The same woman who slapped your face a few minutes ago,” she added, hitching a thumb toward the rear of the plane.
“Ah, I’ve got you there,” he said, pleased with himself. “I can’t apologize for that, because it’s not my fault she followed me. I told her to stay in the suite.”
Her face blanked. Then she blinked.
“It probably sounds bad—”
“Probably?” she asked.
“It sounds bad, but I just met her. It’s not like I cheated on my girlfriend.”
She gasped. “You have a girlfriend?”
“No. No, that’s not what I mean. I mean it was a weekend thing, no strings.”
She arched one eyebrow. “It that supposed to make you look like less of a jerk?”
His reflection blinked back at him from her clear cerulean eyes. He looked clueless. And he had no answer.
Palms out, she raised her hands. “You don’t have to explain yourself to me.”
No. But, why did he feel he should?


-------------------------------
Suzanne D. Williams  
Suzanne Williams Photography  
Florida, USA 

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

1 comment:

Chana Keefer said...

Yea! So happy to hear Dana has released another! Thanks for sharing this, Suzanne.

Love the look of your blog. Your talents in writing and photography are astounding.

Blessings,

Chana K.

Story Saturdays

The Email Subscriber Only, FREE BOOK for March is a brand new release, TALK LIKE A PIRATE (A Man Through Time) Book 1 . This is a entertain...