Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Sit Down and Shut Up



I was hot under the collar. Deep in emotional overdrive.

The neighbor’s dogs ate my shoes, right off my front porch. On the way to work, I was sandwiched into a third lane of a two-lane drive through at McDonald’s.  Yeah, that won’t work. Add to that the hormones of a forty-something woman, and it was a recipe for an explosion.

I was sick and tired of it, not tolerating any more, putting my foot down. Had enough. Finished. Done. Get out of my way. Stay off of my path.

Don’t mess with me.

Why can’t we take that feeling and apply when it comes to the devil? The Word of God is clear. Jesus said, “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils.” (Mk 16:17) And again, “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.”

Did Jesus defeat the devil or not? The Bible says He did. (Col 2:15) So why do we sit around moaning and groaning, “Poor ol’ me,” when a good kick in the seat of the pants is in order?

Put on your boots and give Satan the heave-ho.

“I’ve had enough, no thanks. Take your paws off my finances, my children, my health, my peace of mind, my car, my trip to work, my shoes on the front porch.”

Yeah, those, too. Because God cares about every part of you, everything that’s yours, everywhere you’re going to be, everyone your life is going to touch, and His ultimate desire is for you to have the best of the very best each and every day. (Jer 29:11) He said so Himself.

Therefore, stop sitting around tolerating half-baked, half-as-good, water-down Christianity and adjust your armor. Take out the Sword of the Spirit and use it, for once. It’s a weapon, not an ornament. It’s not there to make you look pretty, but to help you slice your way through the thick of things.

Do like Jesus did. Say, “It is written, devil, so sit down, shut up, and go home.” (Mt 4:4,7,10)



Sick Of It by Skillet

When everything you do
Don't seem to matter.
You try but it's no use
Your world is getting blacker.

When every time you fail
Has no answer.
Every empty promise made
Is a reminder.

No one can make this better
Take control, it's now or never!

Are you sick of it?
Raise your hands,
Get rid of it!
While there's a fighting chance.
Are you over it?
Bored to death?
Have you had enough regret?
Take a stand, raise your hands...



-------------------------------
Suzanne D. Williams  
Suzanne Williams Photography  
Florida, USA 

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

99 Cents Sale (Amazon only): THE OTHER PLAYER *Young Adult Amazon   Now on Preorder: SHE LOVES ME IN THE FALL:  The Neighbor...