Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Here's Whose I Am

You want to know who I am? I'll tell you who I am. I am delivered. I am free. I am fearless

Not because of anything I have done. Left alone, I can't face the next hour, much less the next day. Alone, my flesh is weak, my mind is weaker. Alone, I am consumed.

But I'm not alone because Christ lives in me. (Rm 8:2) In Him, I hold the shield of faith and face the fiery darts of the devil. (Eph 6:16) In Him, I have strength and courage. In Him, I have peace and safety.

He sets my feet in a large place, (Ps 31:8) a green valley, where the waters flow, (Ps 23:2) where prosperity and safety guard me, and there He holds my hand saying, "See, Suzanne, here's what I have for you. Not that over there. Not terror and panic and horror. Not lack and want and dearth. But abundance. Blessing. Favor. Goodness. Sit here with Me and partake." (Ps 110:1)

And so I have. But the story doesn't end with me. This confidence is here for you, too. You only have to take hold of it.

It's not who I am then, but WHOSE I am. For I am His and He is mine.

My book, FEARLESS, is a free Kindle download today and tomorrow (September 11-12, 2013) at Amazon. Please get your copy and share the link with your friends. No one needs to live afraid.


-----

This song gives my testimony better than almost any other words I could write. I have truly been given something so beautiful.



Beautiful, Beautiful by Francesca Battistelli


Don’t know how it is You looked at me
And saw the person that I could be
Awakening my heart
Breaking through the dark
Suddenly Your grace

(Chorus)
Like sunlight burning at midnight
Making my life something so
Beautiful, beautiful
Mercy reaching to save me
All that I need
You are so
Beautiful, beautiful

Now there’s a joy inside I can’t contain
But even perfect days can end in rain
And though it’s pouring down
I see You through the clouds
Shining on my face

(Chorus)

I have come undone
But I have just begun
Changing by Your grace




 



  -------------------------------
Suzanne D. Williams  
Suzanne Williams Photography  
Florida, USA 

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

A Note To My Readers

Dear Readers, I was in the path of Hurricane Irma. I still do not have power at home and so am living a bit like a refugee. I have ...