Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Stop Wasting My Time

For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: and profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers. But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, to reveal his Son in me. (Gal 1:13-16)

I have no time for religion, for that Pharisaical side of Christianity that isn't Christianity at all. For separation from the true walk of Christ, that of love and mercy and grace to one of condemnation, judgment, and blame.

I have no time for the rules and regulations of man that say I cannot be what God has placed in me because this man says so or that women didn't like it. When the truth is the Greater One lives within me, and He equips those He sends. (1Jn 4:4)

I have no time for those who don't know where I've been, what I've done, or how far God has brought me. If you've walked in my shoes an inch, then walk in them a mile. I'd rather hang with the Samaritan who'll bind my wounds than those who'd cause them. (Lk 10:33)

I have no time for the pressures of life, for stress and conflict and dread and disarray. Not when Christ has provided me peace and safety and blessing. (Jn 14:27)

So stop wasting my time.

And instead make time for prayer and thanksgiving. Purity. Holiness. Forgiveness. Meekness. Humility. Courage. Resolve. Honesty. Compassion. Righteousness.

Walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise. (Eph 5:15) Worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God (Col 1:10) In wisdom (Col 4:5) In fellowship. (1Jn 1:7) In light. (Eph 5:8) In truth. (3Jn 1:4)

For we're running out of time, so let's stop blowing what little of it we have with petty differences, with reprobation and reproof, and determine not to shove our fist down someone else's throat, but lead them to the cross. As a lamb. (Mt 18:13) Not a bully. With supplications to the Father on their behalf, instead of cattle prods.

Let's look past the mote in our own eye in enough time to realize our lamp has gone out and relight the flame that waits for the Bridegroom to come. (Mt 7:3;Mt 25:1) A flame that lights the city so that those who need Christ will come, not being forced, but because what we have is so much better than anything else. (Mt 5:14)


------------------------------
Suzanne D. Williams  
Suzanne Williams Photography  
Florida, USA 

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

A Brief Note: Email subscribers can reply to any of my emails or blog posts from within their inbox. I receive all replies and will always...