Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Conversation With God - Come Home



"I'm tired, God."

"Come home, Suzanne."

"Weary. Too many decisions to make. Things I don't understand."

"Come home."

"And now I'm out here, wandering around ... lost ... confused."

"I've been waiting and watching for you."

"Leaderless."

"Suzanne."

"Yes, God?"

"Come home. Stop lingering over there."

"But God time never stops. Things keep changing, and I feel like I can't deal with it."

"Come home, Suzanne ... Please."

"Home? What is home? The house you gave me? 'Cause I'm there all the time."

"No."

"The friends I've surrounded myself with? The books I write?"

"No."

"The church ... what of the church?"

"No, Suzanne. Please, I'm pleading. Come home."

"Home?"

"Home. Take my hand. Walk with me."

"Walk with you, God? Just me and you?"

"Just me and you. I'm home."


It was by faith that Abraham obeyed the summons to go out to a place which he would eventually possess, and he set out in complete ignorance of his destination. It was faith that kept him journeying like a foreigner through the land of promise, with no more home than the tents which he shared with Isaac and Jacob, co-heirs with him of the promise. For Abraham’s eyes were looking forward to that city with solid foundations of which God himself is both architect and builder. (Heb 11:8-10 JBPHILLIPS)


 Softly and Tenderly (Lyrics)



 
To read more of my "Conversations with God" visit the blog.
 
-------------------------------
Suzanne D. Williams  
Suzanne Williams Photography  
Florida, USA 

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

3 comments:

lynnmosher said...

Amen,Suzanne! And so many need to find that front porch light that leads to Home!

Daphne Tarango said...

Good conversation, Suzanne.

Home is where God is.

Thanks for sharing.
Daphne

April McGowan said...

Really beautiful. I'm in that place today. It's so easy to get overwhelmed and not realize He's here with us, waiting for us to rest in Him.

Story Saturdays

This Month's Giveaway: I will be giving away 2 books this month, one on the 15th and one on the 30th. You must be an email subscriber ...