Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Remembering


Then I saw a new Heaven and a new earth, for the first Heaven and the first earth had disappeared and the sea was no more. I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, descending from God out of Heaven, prepared as a bride dressed in beauty for her husband. Then I heard a great voice from the throne crying, “See! The home of God is with men, and he will live among them. They shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and will wipe away every tear from their eyes. Death shall be no more, and never again shall there be sorrow or crying or pain. For all those former things are past and gone.” (Rev. 21:1-4 JB PHILLIPS)

I remember today my pastor, Shane Simmons, a man whose life greatly affected mine, a man loved by those who knew him, blessed by those who sat under his preaching, and mourned by those who look for the day they will see him again.




Listen to Pastor Shane singing, "I Know the Plans I Have for You."





-------------------------------
Suzanne D. Williams  
Suzanne Williams Photography  
Florida, USA 

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suzanne, I was watching a DVD by Andrew Wommack this morning on putting down " Markers " so we can remember, Shane deserves a marker , so he will never be forgotten. Thank you for sharing. My prayers are with you and your church family.

The BearPair said...

Very nice... have always loved this verse of assurance & trust. Shane looks & sounds like a remarkable person... good to know he was used by God to touch lives. No higher calling.

David Scruggs said...

Thank you for posting this video. I needed to hear this today. There are not many days that go by where I don't miss my friend.

Story Saturdays

99 Cents Sale (Amazon only): THE OTHER PLAYER *Young Adult Amazon   Now on Preorder: SHE LOVES ME IN THE FALL:  The Neighbor...