Wednesday, March 20, 2013

He Loves You Anyway

I am the thorn in your crown
But You love me anyway
I am the sweat from Your brow
But You love me anyway
I am the nail in Your wrist
But You love me anyway
I am Judas' kiss
But You love me anyway
See now I am the man who yelled out from the crowd
For Your blood to be spilled on this earth shaking ground
Yes then I turned away with a smile on my face
With this sin in my heart, tried to bury Your grace
And then alone in the night I still call out for You
So ashamed of my life, my life, my life

(You Love Me Anyway, Sidewalk Prophets)

I saw a hashtag the other day that disturbed me. For those of you who don't know what a hashtag is. It's a way to search for messages of the same topic from within Twitter or Google+. You type a pound sign followed by a word or phrase. There are thousands of them.

Well, typing in #godis, I was offered several suggestions. 

#godisgreat
#godislove
#godisnotnecessary

Wait. Really?

God isn't necessary? Oh, friend, how wrong you are. 

You may have written Him out of your life saying God is for Christians; God is for Protestants; God is for Catholics. But I don't need God. I have my education to fall back on. I have my money to believe in. I have my job, my spouse, my family, my talents.

What you don't know is He hasn't written you out of His. To God, you are necessary.

You are the reason He created the earth.
You are the reason He replenished the earth after the flood.
You are the reason He spoke to prophets hundreds of years before Jesus came.
You are the reason He sent Jesus to die.
You are the reason Jesus rose from the dead.
You are the reason Jesus ascended to the Father's right hand. 
He went to make intercession for you. For you!

You are the reason He sent the Holy Spirit. You are the reason He spoke to the apostle Paul. You are the reason through ages of time the best-selling book, the book that changes nations, peoples, kings, religions, and hearts is still the Bible.

You.

You may think He's not necessary. But that doesn't mean He'll turn His back on you. Even then, even when you've left Him behind, you've cut your own trail, turned down the broad road, drowned Him out with music, or television, or books. With video games, conferences, jobs. With drugs. With alcohol. Whatever it is you've placed between you and Him. He's still there. He's still calling. He's still saying, "I love you anyway."

I love you anyway. I love you. I love you. You.

Because you are necessary. For you are there before Him every day. Every minute. Every breath. He never sleeps because He's thinking about you, planning for you, waiting for you.

God is not a hashtag. 

God is real. God is love. God is salvation. God is healing. God is prosperity. God is peace. God is above all and in all and through all things. He has the answers you seek, the wisdom you need, the power to lift you up from where you are and put you somewhere you won't believe you'll be.

No social network can stop Him from loving you.
No government can stop Him from speaking to you.
No electronic device can replace what He is to you.
No entertainer can delight in you the way He does.
No friend like Him can make you happier.
No family member can supply for you what He has.

God is necessary. Think of how great that is should you choose to believe it.






-------------------------------
Suzanne D. Williams  
Suzanne Williams Photography  
Florida, USA 

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

A Brief Note: Email subscribers can reply to any of my emails or blog posts from within their inbox. I receive all replies and will always...