Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sunday Photographs & A Few Thoughts

With the approach of Christmas this year, I found myself searching once again for that Christmas moment, that instant when I know once again what the holiday is all about. 

Christmas Tree 2012

For those of you not familiar with my thoughts on this, I posted a blog last year telling how each Christmas God speaks to me in some small way of the meaning of the holiday. Last year, it was through "A Muppet Christmas Carol". This year it was Beethoven's "Ode To Joy" and a Scripture.

The Scripture came about because I had a really bad day. Bad choices. Bad words. Just all around bad. But I woke up the next morning thinking of God's mercies. Lamentations 3:22-23 says they are new every morning, that God is faithful and his compassions fail not. I am so grateful for this because it means every day I can start over fresh as if the previous day didn't exist. 

What a marvelous thought to meditate on!


It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. (Lam 3:22-23)

Fireplace Mantle 2012


"Ode To Joy" was one of those videos that came across my screen. In this case, it is a flash mob - where people sing or play a song in a public arena without the public having knowledge of it. In this particular version, the choir is not singing in English, but I heard the words in my head.

And there it was again. New every morning. How perfectly wonderful! I encourage you to take the time from whatever you are currently doing to watch the video and be thankful. Thankful that you can have today in joy and happiness without any of yesterday's mistakes coming back to haunt you.

Joyful, joyful
We adore Thee
God of glory
Lord of love
Hearts unfold like flowers before Thee
Hail Thee to the sun above
Melt the clouds of sin and sadness
Drive the dark of doubt away
Giver of immortal gladness
Fill us with the light of day





-------------------------------
Suzanne D. Williams
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

1 comment:

Daphne Tarango said...

Great post, Suzanne!

Very moving. I love that song, and to hear it in that fashion was truly inspirational.

His mercies are new every morning and that, alone, makes me joyful.

Blessings,
Daphne

Story Saturdays

A Brief Note: Email subscribers can reply to any of my emails or blog posts from within their inbox. I receive all replies and will always...