Sunday, November 11, 2012

Conversation With God - God is Big

“Hey, God, can I ask you a question?”

“Sure thing, Suzanne, and I will always answer.”

“Cool. What can I, as a Christian, do about moral issues in this country? I mean, they seem to be way out of whack, and it’s depressing.”

“Well, have you looked at me lately?”

“Looked at you? Uhm. You’re God, and you’re way up there.”

“Actually, I’m right here with you, but that’s not my point. Let me phrase it this way. How big am I?”

“Oh, gee, God, you’re big – real big.”

“Ok. And so, how strong am I? Is my arm shortened where it cannot save?”

“No, definitely not. You’re the strongest, and you’ll save anyone who comes to you.”

“Now, has my love for you changed? Does Jesus’ sacrifice mean less today than it has in the past?”

“Gosh, God, what’s with all the questions? I don’t see how they’re helping me know what to do.”

“I’m making a point.”

“Which is?”

“I am the Lord, I change not. I’m the same today that I was yesterday, that I was the day before, that I was one hundred, two hundred, or one thousand years ago.”

“And?”

“And I can handle this. Your job is to remember that.”

“Oh, right. Sorry God. I forgot.”

“That’s the problem, Suzanne. People forget. Then when they can’t see me, it becomes easier to accept everything that’s going on around them, but this doesn’t mean I’m not still the same as I was. I’m still God. I still love them. I still heal, prosper, and bring success. Regardless of what people think.”

“You know, God, that’s what I love about you. You’re so dependable.”

“Thanks, Suzanne. I know.”

Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations. (Deu 7:9)

----------------------------
All of my "Conversations With God" are available to be read online at: http://suzanne-williams-photography.blogspot.com/search/label/conversation%20with%20god. I will in the future compile them into an ebook.

-------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography. 

No comments:

True Repentance

When He arrives, He will uncover the sins of the world, expose unbelief as sin , and allow all to see their sins in the light of righteou...