Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Of Judgment

I have always considered myself to be a fair-minded person. In fact, my husband often tells me to stop defending people. However, when the following video came across my screen yesterday, I realized how far I have yet to go.

I clicked on it strictly because the boy looked odd, and formed an immediate opinion, only to have myself proved totally wrong. Now, before I proceed with my thoughts, I ask you to stop here and watch the video and then return.


You are now probably doing the same thing I was. In fact, it affected me so much, I watched it again. There is a saying, which has become trite with use. "Never judge a book by its cover." Applying this to actual books, I have read books I did not like that had great covers and books that had poor covers, but great content. I have read books with titles that misled me; I opened their pages thinking I'd receive one thing and yet what I got was another. There have also been expensive books, not worth the dime, and inexpensive ones worth their weight in gold. One of my favorite stories to date, was regularly 99 cent and given free for two days.

Jesus also spoke of judgment. He said in Matthew:

(Mt 7:1-5)  Judge not, that ye be not judged.  (2)  For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.  (3)  And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?  (4)  Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?  (5)  Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

And again in John:

(Jn 7:24)  Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Now this hits the nail squarely on the head. Isn't that what you just did? You saw that boy and decided for yourself his life, his thoughts, not knowing what was in him. His own parents did not know what he was capable of.

I will let this be a lesson to me. Only God knows the heart of man. (;1Sa 16:7;Ps 44:21) It is not my job or yours to decide for another the path they walk. People sometimes make bad decisions, doing things we do not agree with. Our job as the body of Christ is to love them anyway, to pray for them and leave God to affect the rest.


-------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

From The Author: This year, I released 15 novels or novellas, with 6 of those as 2 complete sets. I also finished the Billionaire Boys Clu...