Friday, June 15, 2012

Conversation With God - Sorrow

Weeping.

"Suzanne. What's wrong?"

"It hurts, God. It hurts so bad! I can't quit crying."

"Come, sit with me for a while ... There now. Lean on me, and I will make it better."

"You will? But I heard a preacher say you didn't see tears."

"I see faith, Suzanne. But I never want you to have heartache and pain."

"But ..."

"No 'buts', Suzanne. What did Jesus say? Read Luke 4:18."

"Ok. Here goes ... The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised ... Wow, God. That covers everything. But I don't understand."

"What don't you understand?"

"If you see faith, but I'm sad, then I probably don't have any faith."

"You cannot have faith without having all the fruit of the Spirit, and joy is one of those fruit. Without joy, you will also not have hope. Hope is an important step in your faith."

"Oh, so when I'm sad, you will pick me up? Just like that?"

"Suzanne, anytime you feel sad, you need only seek me, and I will come and we will spend time together."

"You know what, God?"

"What, Suzanne?"

"You're holy. You're mighty. You're more than enough. You're the Alpha and Omega. You're the beginning and the end. You're higher and greater and stronger than anything I face. You're wonderful. You're ..."

(Psalms 27:8) When You said, “Seek My face,” My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.”




-------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.
Don't forget to purchase the 2nd story in the Amanda Series, Playing With Fire. Available at Smashwords and Amazon for only 99cents. And check out my BOGO deal! Buy this story at either location, then send me an email with the invoice number and date of purchase and I'll send you a free Smashwords coupon to download the 1st story in the series, It All Began With A Salad!

No comments:

Story Saturdays

From The Author: This year, I released 15 novels or novellas, with 6 of those as 2 complete sets. I also finished the Billionaire Boys Clu...