Friday, June 1, 2012

Conversation With God - Love

"Hey God."

"Yes, Suzanne."

"What's up with people? I mean, it seems like everyone nowadays wants to do anything they choose and then say it's okay."

"Yes, I suppose it does seem that way."

"But why do they do that? Take Jill for instance, she thinks ..."

"Why don't you let me take care of Jill?"

"Oh right. Sorry, God. I'll do that. But what about what the government said? It sure seems like the government has made some bad decisions too. It's all over the news, you know."

"I knew it way before they did."

"Oh. Yeah, I guess you did. Never thought of it like that. Doesn't it upset you?"

"Of course, because I love them so very much."

"Despite all they're saying about you? Despite how they ignore you and do what they choose?"

"Despite all of that."

"Wow. I want to be more like you. I get so mad sometimes. There was this girl on Facebook who said ... and then a bunch of people agreed with her."

"I know, but I love her anyway."

"But God. What if she lives her ENTIRE life thinking like that?"

"You could pray for her."

"I guess I could. I forgot. Guess I was too mad she'd posted that."

"You could pray for the government too."

"Gosh, God. That's hard. I'm not sure I believe in the government anymore."

"But Suzanne, if my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

"Even though they're so wrong?"

"Even then. You only have to ask."

"I, the LORD, am the one speaking to you. Come, let's discuss this. Even if your sins are as dark as red dye, that stain can be removed and you will be as pure as wool that is as white as snow. If you listen to what I say, you will get the good things from this land." (Isaiah 1:18-19 ERV)

-------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

99 Cents Sale (Amazon only): THE OTHER PLAYER *Young Adult Amazon   Now on Preorder: SHE LOVES ME IN THE FALL:  The Neighbor...