Friday, June 8, 2012

Conversation With God - Anger



"I am SO MAD! I CANNOT BELIEVE he said that to me! The NERVE! It's always the same old thing. Over and over again. I can't TAKE IT anymore!"

"Suzanne."

"I mean, HONESTLY. Where are MY rights? He thinks he can just waltz right in here, say what he wants, and I'm supposed to just stand around and listen?"

"Suzanne."

"Oh ... who? ... what? .. Oh, hello, God. Did you speak?"

"Yes. You need to forgive him."

"FORGIVE? FORGIVE? Buzz. Wrong answer, God. Didn't you see what he did?"

"Of course."

"Oh yeah, right! You see EVERYTHING. How can you ask me to forgive him after what he's done?"

"The forgiveness is for you, Suzanne."

"For me? But I didn't DO anything. He's the one who ..."

"That's my point. Your anger is doing damage to yourself as well as to your relationships."

"It is?"

"Yes. Bitterness is a root in your life that will affect everyone around you, and it will eventually come between us. I don't want that for you."

"Oh. I guess not. Me either. I'd hate to not hear your voice anymore."

"Then you need to forgive."

"But what if he does it AGAIN?"

"Maybe you should read Psalm 55."

"Psalm 55, let's see ... Wow, God. Verse 21 really gets to me. That's how I felt. It was like he said those things and they sounded good, but they hurt so bad."

"Keep reading."

"Ok, Verse 22 says, 'Cast your burden on the Lord.' God?"

"Yes, Suzanne?"

"I'm going to do that. This is too much for me anyhow."

"Thanks, Suzanne."

"Thanks?"

"Yes, for obeying. I'm proud of you."

[My companion] has put forth his hands against those who were at peace with him; he has broken and profaned his agreement [of friendship and loyalty]. (21) The words of his mouth were smoother than cream or butter, but war was in his heart; his words were softer than oil, yet they were drawn swords. (22) Cast your burden on the Lord [releasing the weight of it] and He will sustain you; He will never allow the [consistently] righteous to be moved (made to slip, fall, or fail). (Ps 55:20-22 AMP)

-------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturday

The June 30th free book giveaway will be my newest release, HE WAS A SOLDIER in honor of the upcoming July 4th holiday. If you like my...