Friday, May 18, 2012

Conversation With God - Burdens

"Ooooooh. Ooooooh."

"Hey, Theresa. What's wrong?"

"Oh, Suzanne. This pack on my back is so heavy."

"Well, it's kinda big. What have you got in there anyway?"

"So much! There's bills. I don't know HOW I'll pay them. There's my daughter's illness. She's been awfully sick. And my husband has that big decision to make."

"Wow, that sounds like a lot. Why don't you let me carry some of it?"

"Oh, no. I couldn't do that. It's not your problem."

"But Theresa, together we could carry it to God."

"God?"

"Yeah, He and I have this running conversation going. I ask Him for things and He always answers."

"Oh Gosh, Suzanne, that sounds scary. I mean, He's God right?"

"Well, yes, He is. But He's a lot easier to get along with than people make Him out to be."

"I don't know. I'm not sure I believe you."

"I tell you what. You hold my hand and I'll approach first. How's that?"

"If you're sure ..."

"I am. Now give me some of that load ... Okay, now just follow my lead."

"Ok."

"God? You there?"

"Hello, Suzanne. How are you today?"

"I'm good today, God. Thanks for that."

"You're welcome."

"But Theresa here, she's not so good. She has all this burden she's carrying around, so I thought I'd help her out."

"Very Christ-like of you, Suzanne."

"It makes me happy to hear you say that, God. Theresa, she's a little frightened to speak to you, so I'm praying on her behalf. Would you reveal yourself to her?"

"All she has to do is ask and I'll be there."

"See, Theresa. He says just to ask. I told you!"

"Well, what do I say?"

"Just be yourself. He likes that."

"Okay. Here goes ... God? It's me Theresa. I can't see you, but Suzanne says You're there."

"I am here, Theresa."

"Wow! I heard Him. That was so cool!"

"I know right?"

"Now what do I say?"

"Well, ask him to carry the burden."

"Will He do that?"

"Of course He will. He loves you."

"Okay, I'll ask ... God? Since You're there, would You help me with this weight? I'm worried about so many things."

"Just give it to me."

"That's it? I just hand it to you and then what?"

"Rest."

"Rest?"

"Yes. Rest and trust Me. It's in My control."

"But what if ...?"

"With Me there are no what ifs."

"There aren't?"

"No, what I've said I will do, I will do."

"Here it is then. All of it. The bills. My daughter's sickness. My husband's big decision."

"I've got it."

"I feel so much lighter! This is amazing. You're sure I don't have to do anything else?"

"Yes. Just believe."

"I believe, Lord."

"Wow, Suzanne, I feel so amazing. To think I toted that around all this time for nothing."

"He IS the Creator, you know."

"You're such a great friend."

"Anytime, Theresa. Anytime."

Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. (Galatians 6:2)

-------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

True Repentance

When He arrives, He will uncover the sins of the world, expose unbelief as sin , and allow all to see their sins in the light of righteou...