Friday, May 11, 2012

Conversation With God - Fear

"Pssst. Hey, God."

"What is it, Suzanne? "

"Can you hear me? I don't want to talk too loud."

"I can hear you just fine. But why are you whispering?"

"Well, because I'm afraid again."

"No need to be afraid."

"But there's something scary over there and it might get me."

 "Did you get dressed like I told you to?"

"Get dressed?"

"Yes, I left you that armor with a set of instructions."

"Oh, right! Yeah, I forgot about that. But God?"

"Yes, Suzanne?"

"What if those fiery darts come right at me?"

"They will."

"But ... but ... that's SCARY."

"Hold up your shield."

"Oh. Right."

"And use your sword."

"You mean this one?"

"That's the one. It's more powerful than what you're facing. That's why I gave it to you."

"Well, that makes sense. I'm sorry, God, that I set it down again. God?"

"Yes?"

"My head hurts. There's all this weight on it."

"That's worry. It never fits right, so take it off and put on your helmet instead, and Suzanne?"

"Yes?"

"Your shoes."

"Those over there?"

"Yes, you'd better put them on too."

"Oh yeah. I probably shouldn't have taken those off. But I was really mad at Joe."

"Maybe you should have prayed for Joe instead of getting angry."

"Yeah, You're right. You're always right. God?"

"Yes, Suzanne."

"Forgive me, and I pray for Joe. He's hurting right now. He didn't mean to yell at me."

"I know."

"God, you know what?"

"What, Suzanne?"

"It's not so scary with You here."

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints. (Eph 6:16-18)

-------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturday

The June 30th free book giveaway will be my newest release, HE WAS A SOLDIER in honor of the upcoming July 4th holiday. If you like my...