Friday, May 4, 2012

Conversation With God - Listening

"Suzanne."

"Suzanne."

"OH, HEY, GOD. SORRY I CAN'T HEAR YOU. IT'S NOISY IN HERE."

"Why don't you turn some of that off?"

"WHAT?"

"I said, why don't you turn some of that off?"

"I'D TURN SOME OF THIS OFF, BUT THERE'S SO MUCH LEFT TO DO!"

"I'd really like to talk to you, Suzanne."

"WAIT, I THINK I CAN WRAP THIS UP IN A MINUTE. JUST ONE SEC!"

"Wow. Hey, God? You still there? I've got a minute now ... God?"

"Yes, Suzanne?"

"Oh, whew. I thought I'd lost you."

"I'm always right here."

"It was kinda hard to hear you over that racket."

"I could tell."

"What did you want to talk to me about?"

"I love you."

"Well, I love you too. Did you need something?"

"No, I just wanted to spend time together."

"Oh."

"I'd be glad to take care of that for you."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Wow, that'll save me tons of time and effort. It was gettin' hard to control everything at once."

"Suzanne?"

"Yes, God?"

"You do remember my yoke is easy and my burden is light?"

"Oh, yeah. You said that. Didn't you?"

"Mmhmm."

"Does that mean I didn't need all that stuff?"

"That's exactly what it means."

"Gee, I'm sorry  God. Can you ever forgive me?"

"I always do."

And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice. (1Ki 19:11-12)

-------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

This Month's Giveaway: I will be giving away 2 books this month, one on the 15th and one on the 30th. You must be an email subscriber ...