Monday, April 9, 2012

I'm Ready For Easter

I'm ready for Easter now. What? It was yesterday?

A day late and a dollar short, as the saying goes.

I don't know why the significance of this holiday didn't hit me until this morning. Perhaps it was all the food. Perhaps it was that I had to work during the service and so couldn't sit and drink it all in. Whatever the reason, it took two things crossing my screen today for it to finally sink in, and I wanted to share them with you.

The first is a post by one of my favorite writers, Lori Roeleveld. Now, she and I have not met, but so many times in reading her posts, do I find a significant spiritual truth. Her voice speaks again to my heart this Easter Monday. The resurrection matters.

"If I worship someone, He’d better be able to walk on water." - Lori Roeleveld, from her blog, Does It Really Matter If Jesus Rose From The Grave?

My other revelation came from a song sung by Russ Taff when he was with the Imperials. This recording of "Praise The Lord" from 1979 speaks the truth.

When you're up against a struggle

That shatters all your dreams

And your hope's been cruelly crushed

By Satan's manifested scheme

And you feel the urge within you

To submit to earthly fears

Don't let the faith your standing in

Seem to disappear


I've lived those words. Every day that I can walk out my door confident and at peace, I know that praise makes a difference. Worship makes a difference. It is only through Christ's resurrection that I am free.

So now I'm ready. I'm ready to live Easter again for another year. After all, why do I have to limit it to one day? Christ is alive, today, tomorrow, and forevermore.

-------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

A Brief Note: Email subscribers can reply to any of my emails or blog posts from within their inbox. I receive all replies and will always...