Monday, April 2, 2012

Food For Thought: Forgiveness

It's funny where I find things that inspire me. I got this revelation from a fiction story. Two characters were talking about forgiveness when one said to the other, "Would you rather be right or free?" That hit me like a thunderbolt for forgiveness is about freeing yourself, not the other person.

The character then went on with the thought that we must forgive without waiting for the other person to change. Wow! Isn't this the truth?

We want them to come to us. We want everything smoothed out first. When in reality we forgive not expecting anything to change at all, except in our own heart. The other person is not our responsibility. They are God's.

Food for thought today.

-------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

A Brief Note: Email subscribers can reply to any of my emails or blog posts from within their inbox. I receive all replies and will always...