Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Call Me By My Name


Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. (Jeremiah 33:3)

Depending on my need, I call the person who can meet that need. I also call the person with the authority to meet that need.

I remember years ago a door-to-door salesman was roaming our neighborhood. I didn't wish to speak to him, so I didn't answer my front door. Well, to my surprise, this salesman then knocked on my back door as well. When I didn't answer the back door, he went out to his car and called my house. He actually left a message asking why I didn't come to the door!

Now let me tell you, I was upset so I called the main office for that company and asked to speak to the boss. I wanted to talk to the person in authority over that service, the one who could respond to my need backed by the strength and the power to correct the problem. I wanted the one who was in charge.

WHO'S IN CHARGE?


Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. (Acts 2:36)

Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus. (Hebrews 3:1)

Many of our prayers aren't answered because we haven't called on God for who He is. We haven't used the power and authority He's transferred to us. (Mt 28:18-19) Instead, we've begged and pleaded faithless prayers out of fear and desperation, wishing and hoping God would somehow do something.

No, the Bible tells us to come boldly to God's throne with faith in His power and authority to bring the answer. (Heb 4:12,16) We are to call on Him as Lord (Victor), Christ (Anointed One), Apostle (Ambassador of the Gospel), and High Priest (Administrator). Here is the key!

Jesus defeated Satan. (Col 2:15) He then put him underneath our feet. (Eph 1:22) So when we call upon Him, we call in the knowledge that He has been given the power over death and all the effects of death - sin, sickness, poverty. (Heb 2:14;Rev 1:18) This is why we'll see great and mighty things!

We only have to ask!

-------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

A Note To My Readers

Dear Readers, I was in the path of Hurricane Irma. I still do not have power at home and so am living a bit like a refugee. I have ...