Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Divine Spiritual Connection


But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. (Genesis 2:17)

And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself. (Genesis 3:10)

Adam's fear in Genesis 3:10 was a direct consequence, an effect of, the spiritual death God warned him of in Genesis 2:17. Before that, Adam had never felt fear. He'd only known complete unity with God.

We know this because God created man "in His own likeness," (Ge 1:26) designing him to function in the same manner He (God) functioned. He then blessed man and gave him authority over the earth. Ultimately, He declared him to be "good." (Ge 1:28, 29, 31) Adam had everything he needed. God had provided it all. Nowhere in that process was fear.

Yet when Adam and Eve ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, they lost their unity with God, and immediately fear entered in.

No God. Know fear.
Know God. No fear.

Fear was a result of Adam's disconnection with God's presence, and that hasn't changed. Whenever God becomes second place in my life, whenever I disconnect from Him, I find myself afraid.

However, Jesus in John 17 prayed for our final solution to fear.

Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. (John 17:20-23)

The answer to fear, the way to rid yourself of it once and for all, lies in restoring a divine spiritual connection with a loving, omnipotent God.

How do we do reunite with God? Through repentance, through time spent praying in the Holy Spirit, and through worship. Worship lifts God into the position He's supposed to have - as our ultimate Source. It places us in proper balance. It also reconnects us to the power supply of His Spirit. I walked out from under fear by keeping myself in God's Presence. In God's Presence, I found peace and joy.

The bigger God is in you, the smaller the fear will become.

Additional reading: 1 John 4:16,18; Galatians 5:6

-------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturday

The June 30th free book giveaway will be my newest release, HE WAS A SOLDIER in honor of the upcoming July 4th holiday. If you like my...