Monday, November 21, 2011

Sweet Potato Casserole

Well, it's Thanksgiving again. It's hard to believe another year has come and gone. I have much to be thankful for. God has been good to me, and I believe He has even better things planned for next year.

For one thing, my first fiction novel will be coming out! Look for news about that following Christmas. Another book close to my heart will be out in the week or so, Life Lessons From Grandparents.

This recipe is one that has been in my family as long as I can remember. There are lots of versions on the internet, but I believe this one is the best!

Another Great Thanksgiving Recipe:
My Grandmother's Cornbread Dressing

------------------------------




FILLING:
3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
1/3 stick butter
2 eggs
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup milk

TOPPING:
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup self-rising flour
1 cup pecans, chopped
1/3 stick butter, melted

Mix filling ingredients. Place in casserole baking dish. Mix topping (will be chunky). Crumble over filling. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.

-------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

A Brief Note: Email subscribers can reply to any of my emails or blog posts from within their inbox. I receive all replies and will always...