Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Who am I?

Who am I?

Sometimes I am a confident woman. I know I can do it. The weather's great; the sun is shining. All things work in my favor.

But sometimes, I am a girl curled-up, sniveling on the couch, waiting for the world to pass by. I am the one making irrational decisions, not thinking clearly. I am trembling and afraid.

Then again, sometimes I am the loudmouth who just said the wrong thing - again. I hate being her! My words like darts are aimed at my family and friends.

Who am I? Am I a composite of events, thoughts, and feelings? Am I a photographer or a writer? a mother or a daughter? a wife? a Christian? a friend?

I am a collection of images - the down-side of me, the hater, bitter and angry; the cry-baby, unsure, ineffective, and inept; the up-side of me, things are grand and I can handle it. I am productive, determined, and successful. I like one side of me more than the other.

Who am I?

I am the things I hide. The stories I never tell. The pictures I don't take. I am all these things. I am the people who don't like me, the situations I don't handle correctly, the mistakes I will make.

But more than any of that, more than any one side or piece of me, I am forgiven. Jesus Christ gave me that. He took all the fragments that make up me, the bad, unpleasant, and ugly, and reconciled them together. I laid them at the cross, and He removed them.

Now, I am loved, and I am free.



---------------------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

99 Cents Sale (Amazon only): THE OTHER PLAYER *Young Adult Amazon   Now on Preorder: SHE LOVES ME IN THE FALL:  The Neighbor...