Saturday, June 11, 2011

Blackeyed Susans

A year ago, I planted from a seed packet a few Blackeyed Susans. Eventually, I had this small patch of them in my garden to admire for the season. The season ended and I did my usual garden clean-up, removing dead and decayed plants, but careful to toss any dried seed heads back onto the soil.

As a gardener, you never know from year to year what will sprout. Some years there is a lot of one particular plant and others very little of it. I like the constant surprise, the never knowing. Well, this year I am inundated with Blackeyed Susans. From that one tiny circle of blossoms, I have an entire flower garden full of their happy, yellow faces. They have sprouted all across the bed, in multiple locations.

They are the cheeriest of flowers. I simply cannot photograph them enough, so here is my view of their beauty for you to behold.

Black-eyed Susans and Coneflowers

Blackeyed Susans

Black-eyed Susans

Blackeyed Susans

Blackeyed Susan and Mint

Blackeyed Susan

Here is a video.


For more Views from My Garden, visit my Webshots.

---------------------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

1 comment:

Wanda Williams said...

Black Eyed Susans are pretty, but they will take over your garden. I have oddles of them. Petunias I have a lot of this year. I think that is Mamma's fault. She loved them, and I planted a few, last year and this I have been unadated with them.

Story Saturdays

A Brief Note: Email subscribers can reply to any of my emails or blog posts from within their inbox. I receive all replies and will always...