Friday, May 20, 2011

In My Garden

Nothing makes me happier than time spent in my garden. Crouched in the grass or stooped in some awkward position, I seek for the most overlooked and neglected insects. Tiny damselflies float on the air like wisps of the wind.

Citrine Forktail Damselfly
Male Citrine Forktail Damselfly

Duckweed Firetail Damselflies
Duckweed Firetail Damselflies

In the garden, I surround myself with beautiful flowers and flashy insects, their colors lighting up my lens.

Black-eyed Susan
Black-eyed Susan

Red Admiral Butterfly
Red Admiral Butterfly

American Painted Lady Butterfly
American Painted Lady Butterfly

Even the bees and wasps are welcome here to fly amongst the blossoms and seeds.

Polistes dorsalis Wasp
Polistes dorsalis Wasp

Milkweed Seeds
Fly Away, Milkweed Seeds

In the garden, I forget all my cares. Suddenly, nothing matters but sound and scent, light and life.

To view more photos from my garden, visit Webshots.

---------------------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

99 Cents Sale (Amazon only): THE OTHER PLAYER *Young Adult Amazon   Now on Preorder: SHE LOVES ME IN THE FALL:  The Neighbor...