Sunday, April 10, 2011

White Chocolate Lime Cupcakes


I found this recipe on the internet and adapted it to my own cooking, so I can only take partial credit. But then again, what cook entirely creates a recipe from scratch unless he or she is on one of those cooking programs.

Now, first a few notes on my attempt at making these. The original recipe called for key limes, but as they are tremendously expensive, I used regular limes. I did actually grate the lime rind fresh (no bottled, dried zest), and I squeezed the juice of 1 lime into the recipe. I entirely forgot to add the chips and ended up dropping them onto the top of the cupcakes in the pan. However, I would mix them in next time. Also, I used real, actual butter. I am kind of against margarine. The thought of it sitting on the counter and not melting makes me not want to put it into my body.

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350F. Line standard-sized muffin cups with foil liners. (The original recipe called for foil liners, but I use the foil liners anyhow because the cupcakes turn out better than the paper ones.)

Blend the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter. Add eggs, lime zest, and lime juice. Alternate adding flour mixture and butter mixture in 1/3rds. Fold in chips. (As a final side note, the 1 cup measure of chips seems a lot to me. I'd probably half it for a firmer cupcake.)

Bake 18-20 minutes. Makes 12 cupcakes.

After they had entirely cooled, I iced these with pre-mixed cream cheese icing. I used a decorator bag, then put more chips on the top and some fresh lime zest.

---------------------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

FREE Book Giveaway - 8/21-8/23/2017

FREE at Amazon 8/21-8/23/2017 For a look at the complete series, visit my webpage . Gio twisted his shoulders, jerking himself u...