Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sunrises and Flowers

I thought tonight I'd post a few recent photographs.

After I woke up the other morning, I saw the most marvelous sunrise. I love early mornings when the fog silently creeps across the lawn. The world remains quiet but for a few birds singing - it's the BEST time of day to me.

Sunrise

The following day the sun returned again as glorious as the day before. How wonderful to stand and admire it again!

Sunrise 4/8/2011

Sunrise

God has blessed me so very much to live where I can see each new day dawn in such splendor.

Our hummingbird has returned (male ruby throat hummingbird) and the first gladiolus is blossoming in the garden. I tie these two thoughts together because one evening he was feeding from the center of the flowers. He buzzes by, sips, and is gone. So fast!

Gladiolus

Wild orchids are flowering in the lawn again this year. There aren't as many this spring, yet they are still so very delicate and beautiful.

Ladies Tresses Orchid

A few days ago, I captured this shot of a female damselfly, species as yet unidentified, hovering over our garden pond. It's rather unusual that she let me get so close for the photo.

Female Damselfly

For my final thought, I post this video of a white ibis flock that walked across our lawn. I made the video for a photographer friend in Arizona who doesn't see these birds very often. They are so common here that they are frequently overlooked.


---------------------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

From The Author: This year, I released 15 novels or novellas, with 6 of those as 2 complete sets. I also finished the Billionaire Boys Clu...