Thursday, March 24, 2011

First Butterfly Photo of the Season

Though I have seen several butterflies already this spring, this is the first one to cooperate for a photograph. The flowers are blanket flowers growing in my flower beds. They were also popular with several species of bees.

Painted Lady
Painted Lady on Blanket Flowers

Extreme Close-Up
Painted Lady Butterfly

Bees
Bee on Blanket Flower

Green Bee on Blanket Flower

And what is this event without a video to go along with it? I enjoy making videos and am finally getting the "hang" of using my DSLR to make them. Background music by Kevin McLeod.


Completely unrelated to the butterfly incident, I have to share a couple additional photographs and videos. This first one is my dog, Ginger, basking in the sunshine. Notice the nose twitching! She is forever scenting the air.
Link
Ginger in the Sunshine


Our first Eastern Bluebird nest finally has babies in it! They make quite a racket when dad shows up with food. Look closely at this image and you can see the chick sticking his head out!

Easter Bluebird Nest

Lastly, this male cardinal visited the other evening to singing his song.


---------------------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

From The Author: This year, I released 15 novels or novellas, with 6 of those as 2 complete sets. I also finished the Billionaire Boys Clu...