Sunday, March 6, 2011

Circle B Reserve, Lakeland, Florida

My husband and I took a walk in this local Reserve yesterday (3/5/2011) and saw more wildlife than I have seen in years. It was an important moment in my healing because it is a location I have avoided visiting for 4 years.

I have been meditating a lot lately on the Word of God about enjoying life. My goal has always been to be able to plan to go places, look forward to going, and enjoy myself while I am there. Unless you have suffered under the weight of fear as I have, you would not understand how difficult that really is. God has given me a Scripture to stand on. The words of 1 Timothy 6:17 speak to my heart where it says God has given us "richly all things to enjoy."

Here are some of what we enjoyed yesterday. The video was taken on the marsh-side of the walk. The noise you hear are, for the most part, Black-bellied Whistling Ducks. There were hundreds of them flying back and forth. However, if you looked closely you would see an innumerable species of other water birds. We even saw a Roseate Spoonbill.


My husband actually took this photograph; this family of pigs was on his side of the car.

Wild Piglet

Male Anhinga
Male Anhinga, Circle B Reserve

Blue Flag Iris
Blue Flag Iris

We probably saw all-together over 40 alligators of all sizes. We even saw two tiny babies, no more than one foot long. This one was perched on a log with several of his turtle friends.

Alligator and Turtles

Here's another one.

Alligator

This is a bird I was excited to see as it was my first in the wild.

Bittern
Bittern

Lastly, here are some of the birds at the marsh.

Snowy Egret and Pied-Billed Grebes
Grebes and Snowy Egrets

Black-bellied Whistling Ducks
Black-bellied Whistling Ducks

Blue-winged Teal, male and female
Blue-winged Teal Ducks

I have many more photographs, including several landscapes of the Reserve. If you'd like to view the entire collection of photographs, you can do so here (pages 3-6).

---------------------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

FREE Book Giveaway - 8/21-8/23/2017

FREE at Amazon 8/21-8/23/2017 For a look at the complete series, visit my webpage . Gio twisted his shoulders, jerking himself u...