Thursday, February 17, 2011

Great Faith

The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed (Mt 8:8).
Do you have that kind of faith? Faith that requires only one word?

"Just speak, Lord. That's all I need. I don't need you to walk all the way to my house. No one has to lay hands on me. I don't have to touch your garment. Just speak."

It's mind-blowing, really, if you think about it. Even the woman with the issue of blood desired a touch. (Mt 9:20) Jairus asked Jesus to walk home with him. (Lk 8:41) But not the centurion, he recognized the authority behind Jesus' work.

For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it (Mt 8:9).
"Just speak the word. I see your authority. You speak it, it'll happen."

The Scripture says Jesus marvelled. Jesus, the Christ, the Anointed One, the Savior, the sinless Lamb of God, marvelled at the faith of a ROMAN! Not one of His own people. Not someone from the house of Israel. Not a religious leader. A Roman!

When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel (Mt 8:10).
GREAT faith. Greater than all of Israel. That is pretty amazing!

Can He say that of you? Does He say it of me? Am I still out chasing speakers, church groups, manifestations? Or do I pray, quietly saying, "Just speak the word only."

The Bible says with faith the size of a mustard seed, we can move an entire tree. (Mt 17:20;Lk 17:6) Through faith-filled words, we can shift a mountain out of its place. (Mk 11:23)

Speak the word only, Lord. Speak the word. I believe.

And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour (Mt 8:13).

---------------------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

1 comment:

Wanda said...

Suzanne, you make a great teacher. You sound just like Neal has always taught. I remember a time when one of our son's had had a headaches for awhile, and it just would not go away. We had prayed, but nothing had happened, this was in 1981-82. Later I was in the shower and I was praying again, and that scripture came to me, and also where the Lord Jesus told the man to rise and walk. So when I got out of the shower, I walked into the living room and took my son's hand and said "In the name of Jesus be healed" He was he said, "It's gone, it's gone" and he wanted some ice cream, now you know when you have a fever you don't give milk to anyone, but he ate that ice cream and it never bothered him. The fever was gone, and the headache and it never came back. Praise Jesus forever more. We have always tried to live by the Word of God, in all things and ways.
Love you.
Wanda

Story Saturdays

From The Author: This year, I released 15 novels or novellas, with 6 of those as 2 complete sets. I also finished the Billionaire Boys Clu...