Sunday, January 30, 2011

Stand Still!


I learned that I had to stop running and stand still long enough to see what God would do for me if I let my faith in Him be larger than my fears. (Power Thoughts by Joyce Meyers)
When I read the above sentence during my daily devotions, it was as if God grabbed me by the shoulders, shook me, and insisted, "STAND STILL, Suzanne! STAND STILL!" At that moment, I realized how much time I have spent over the last few days "running."

I have been very open about my battle with fear (a battle that God wins, I might add). Well, despite all the things I have learned in the last 4 years, sometimes I still slip up and find myself running again. That's what fear does to your thinking. Your immediate thought pattern is to protect yourself, to escape from it. But victory is not found that way. Victory comes when we stop, stand, and face the problem.

In Exodus 14:13, Moses spoke a similar statement. He said, "Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD." I liken it to driving by a road sign along the highway. Sometimes, if you are driving too fast to read the sign, you miss what is written on it. Then you either have to double back or take an alternate route, which might not be the best way to get there.

We only truly see the power of God at work in our lives, when we stop moving. As long as we continue at our frantic pace, just like that road sign, we'll miss what God has for us. Isn't that what the Bible states in Ephesians 6:13?
Therefore put on God's complete armor, that you may be able to resist and stand your ground on the evil day [of danger], and, having done all [the crisis demands], to stand [firmly in your place]. Stand therefore [hold your ground]. (AMP)
HAVING DONE ALL - STAND! It's our faith in God's power that ultimately wins the victory! We have only to stand still, in faith believing, and watch. (Ps 91:8)

---------------------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

A Brief Note: Email subscribers can reply to any of my emails or blog posts from within their inbox. I receive all replies and will always...