Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Morning Walk

I went for a walk this morning.

The cold, wet grass fell under my feet; a brilliant blue sky arched above me.

A cloudy sky

The breeze spoke. It whispered the notes of breakfast-time birds. A male cardinal fluting his mating song; a pair of eastern bluebirds chirruping together.

The earth around me burgeoned with the promise of springtime. In its soil the gift of life, a time of seeds and flowers and bees.

At that moment, I saw it in my mind and walked on.

Toadflax

I walked beneath the gentle sun, its generous glow from the heights holding forth its ancient contract between heaven and earth. A young pine stretched pointed needles towards the heat.

I saw it in my mind again, and was still. Around me flowed the multitude of life. A million hidden insects or frogs or crawling things welcomed this day.

Green Wasp

There I stood in the midst of them, one, tiny part of a much grander thing. All of it set in motion at the edge of time with a single word - "BE!" And it was.

I went for a walk this morning. It was marvelous. It was amazing. It was glorious.


---------------------------------------------
Suzanne
Suzanne Williams Photography
Florida, USA

Suzanne Williams is a native Floridian, wife, and mother, with a penchant for spelling anything, who happens to love photography.

No comments:

Story Saturdays

A Brief Note: Email subscribers can reply to any of my emails or blog posts from within their inbox. I receive all replies and will always...